Okay, so this has taken me forever to write but here is a shortened version of our little Myles' trip to Earth.
My Contractions started at 1:30 am. I wasn't sure if they were the real thing because they were coming fast and long and it was just weird. So, I started working on the paintings I had made for Myles' room. That didn't last long, because I got sick and ended up in the bathroom.
I woke up Kenny and we left for the hospital and got there at 4am. Everything moved super fast. I was at 3 cm when we got there and by 10:30am I was dilated to a 10. All the nurses were so excited and kept telling me I'd have the baby before noon. However, the doctor wanted me to labor down for a while. So we waited for Myles to move down more. At 12:45pm I started pushing. The nurses, once again, thought Myles would be born within the hour. We were super excited and rearing to go. I was pushing and doing a good job. Things were progressing. Then the stumbling block hit, a new nurse came in to give our nurse a break. This new nurse was very nice, but not helpful. She kept talking and missing the contractions, and then she had me turn on my side to push. That just threw off my groove. Our spirits were low as we saw the clock reach 2pm. Our old nurse returned, but she was disappointed that no progress had been made since she left.
The doctor came in to check on us and she told us that Myles was face up and that's why he was so hard to push out. She tried to turn him, but he wouldn't budge. Finally, around 4pm everyone was excited again. The doctor was amazing! She really got me going and everyone else. She was really encouraging! Then finally at 4:48pm our little Myles was born screaming! :) He had such a big cone head, but I am happy to report he has a nicely shaped head now. :)
All in all, it was such a great day! I never understood why some women would say it was such a great experience, but I loved that day. Even though the pushing was forever long, I loved it! I never want to forget any of the details. And Myles is such a joy to us! The first time I held him his hand was doing that Star Trek, "live long and prosper" thing. It was funny. He's the best baby in the land!
9 comments:
I totally agree with you. I'm among the people who actually enjoyed the whole delivery thing. Such a powerful and awesome experience! Maybe it's because I had an epidural both times and therefore felt no pain...
Your little Myles is way cute! I bet you have so much fun with him!
Having the opportunity to be part of our Heavenly Father's miracles is amazing, and I too LOVE labor and delivery. SO SO SO empowering and just awesome!!! I'm glad you had such a great experience even if you did have to push for so long. Did you have an epidural? My first two I had an epidural so I had a hard time pushing, pushed for 45 minutes. My third was AMAZING... 2 minutes... two contractions... she was out... I think not having the epidural was the key, you could actually feel what was happening and where to push. But that's just my experience. Anyway. Glad everything was so great and Myles is just so adorable!!
Yea for baby Myles! Way to go Jandi. I hope I am as positive about labor as you!
There's no doubt that bringing children into this world is a MIRACLE! It's hard to describe the joy and spirit you feel during the process. I'm glad everything turned out well! Myles is such cutie!
Pregnancy/Labor/delivery is one of those love/hate things....way more love of course. And in the end, a perfect little baby is there as your reward. Looks like you got quite the reward, he's adorable! can't wait to meet him!
He looks so much like you but so much like Kenny in this picture. So cute!
I love Myles!...and you!
I can't believe how much he has changed in just a few weeks since I've seen him! Oh so cute! I loved hearing the story of his birth. Love to you all.
What a wonderful story! Being a mom is the best thing in the world and you are going to be a fantastic mom. I can't wait to meet Myles. We'll be going to Estacada in March. I'll call you later with details!
Love, Alesha
Post a Comment