Friday, June 26, 2009

For all you Twilight fans!

Before we moved from Oregon, there was one thing I had to do...go to the cafe that was in the Twilight movie of course!!! I know, I'm such a nerd! But I grew up 15 minutes away from that tiny cafe, always passing it on my way in to the mall and never once did I stop to eat there. Then we saw it in the Twilight movie and knew we had to go. The food was pretty good and a girl I went to high school with actually owns it now. Crazy! Anyway, so here is my documentation of the trip.

Inside the cafe!

It was a girl's day out with the exception of Myles and my nephew, Kurt. Starting from the left of the table and going around we have my sister-in-law Tyra, her brand-new baby Phoebe, my mom, me, Myles, my sister Krystal, and her baby Kurt.


Outside the cafe!


So this video is funny because I thought my camera was on picture mode when I handed it to my mom. I must've switched it to video mode though before I gave it to her. So here we are just standing there smiling because we thought it was just a picture, not a video. But I had to post something of the outside so you all believed me that we were really there! :)

I've also started reading the Twilight books again. I guess to prepare for the New Moon movie coming out in a few months. I'm reading Eclipse now, and I have to say that I like the books even better the second time around. I'm excited to see the movie, and Kenny thinks it's funny that I think it would be fun to go be an extra in one of the Twilight movies. But hello! It would be, right?! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That was the best picture/movie ever. I think it would be cool to be an extra too. Do you think they need any pregnant extras?

Stephanie said...

Of course it would be fun to be extras. Lets go do it :) Love the documentation. I need to read the books again too. Maybe when the twins start taking naps at the same time again. :)

Michelle said...

Hi Jandi! Where exactly is the cafe? I thought it was in Washington...are you saying it was only 15 minutes from Estacada?

Jandi said...

Yes, about 15 minutes from Estacada. It's in the Carver Curves. If you go through there, you can't miss it. You should totally go!! :)

Ju said...

That's awesome that you went to the cafe. I love spotting everything in this movie. We took a trip over to Saint Helens and drove by the house and book store and dress shop and what not out there. It was fun. Yay for being nerds!! :o)

Ylfe said...

That was hilarious! I love that you guys got to go! I need to go eat there next time we go visit mom and dad! I need to read the books again. I've only read them the one time. We saw Harry Potter last night. It was so good!!! It really made me want to read 6 and 7 again!

Jill Manning said...

Um, hello, it would be totally awesome to be an extra!! I can't believe the movie was filmed so close to your old house! That is so cool! I would have gone to the cafe as well.