Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Cake Boss :)

My dear-heart of a husband is without a doubt the most talented person I know. His greatest talent is acquiring or learning whatever skill or talent he wants to in little or no time at all. There are days where he literally wakes up and says, "I want to learn how to do..." And then that day he learns how to do it and do it well. A few weeks ago, he woke up saying he wanted to make a cake for his boss' 20 year anniversary with the company. Kenny and I both have been wanting to try our hand at cake decorating, especially using fondant. Well, Kenny woke up and did it. He wouldn't even let me help with this. This was all him. He made a lemon pound cake. So yummy! He didn't make the frosting or the fondant, but just wait till our next post! :)
My Cake Boss! :)


Isn't he amazing in the baking department?! I have to say this...I AM KATNISS!!! Not because I can shoot a bow and arrow or anything (although that'd be awesome), but because my husband is an awesome baker just like PEETA!! :) (If at this point you are lost because you have no idea who Katniss or Peeta are then get your booty to your local library and check out The Hunger Games. It's a delicious read!!) Happy Baking!! Stay tuned for more cakes! Katniss even gets in the kitchen in future posts! :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha, you Katniss, I LOVE IT! And the cake it great, I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Way to be Kenny. He and Nolan are very similar in the fact that anything they try they succeed. I want that talent!

Ju said...

AwesOme!! I hve myself a Peeta as well ;) looking forward to your future posts... How did you do the frosting??

Stephanie said...

LOVE LOVE this! I feel I am Katnis too and of course you know my love for Peeta. Way to go Kenny! Looks awesome!

Nicole said...

That is so cool! I've been in a Hunger Games mood, and the whole time I was reading this post I was like, "Oh, he's just like Peeta!" I just finished Mockingjay and I loved it. Now, only 344 days 7 hours 25 minutes and 39 seconds left until the movie comes out! 38...37...36...35...
Nicole :)

Whitney said...

Impressive! and I LOVE this post!! I can't wait to see what else you've been up to :)

Britt said...

I must say, I am impressed!