Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Determined...


First of all, thank you for all your positive comments and support! It really helped this morning. Myles' sweet smile this morning also helped!


Last night went like this:

Myles in crib asleep from 7:50-8:15pm

Crying started at 8:15pm and lasted until 9pm

Mommy let out her breath and said, "That wasn't so bad."

She spoke too soon.

Whimpering started around 10pm

The crying began again at exactly 10:22pm and lasted until 11pm

Daddy took baby from crib, cuddled, then handed to mommy to nurse.

Baby fell asleep and mommy cuddled with him the rest the night.


I know, I promised to put him back in the crib after he ate, but I didn't. However, this is my goal (again) tonight. I know it will be worth it! I will report tomorrow!

Sleep tight everyone! (Especially you, Myles!) :)
p.s. That picture was when he was a day or two old. My baby is growing up so fast!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love that picture! Hope everything went great last night:)

Anonymous said...

One thing I always try to remember when I get discouraged is that "they won't always do this." He eventually will sleep in a crib through the night. He won't be waking up every hour when he's 2,
5, 10, or 18. Unless he has the flu or something! People always said I shouldn't hold Claire in my arms till she fell asleep, or she'd never be able to sleep without me doing that. But she eventually didn't want to be cuddled right before bed, and all I can say is I'm glad I did it when she would let me. I won't get that chance back. So do what works for you and you'll be fine! Don't worry about what everyone says you "should" do. Do what you think is best! You'll be great!

The Munk Family said...

Every child is different and you are doing everything right. Be strong and keep trying. Mothers all over feel your sleepiness, it's tough. But you are doing a great job. Trust your instincts.

Can you come out to Estacada for Eric's wedding? I'd love to see you guys. Check out my blog.

Love, Alesha

Stephanie said...

He is just a cuddle baby! And knows mommy is just better than the crib. They are only small for so long :) Hang in there!