Monday, October 10, 2011

Lake Tahoe

We're back in blogland! I'm trying to play catch up before Wyn's birthday in 5 days. We'll see how I do!! :)


At the beginning of May we took a trip to Lake Tahoe for a family reunion with Kenny's side of the family. It was good to see everyone, but definitely an interesting trip.


For starters, it snowed! :) It was really pretty though.


My little Wyn Lady all ready for church. She was a little over 6 months in this picture.

Getting a bath in the sink!
We got there on a Saturday night. On Monday, mid-day, in a bowling alley, Myles threw up all over me in a bowling alley. He was running around all fine, then he came to me and wanted to be held. All of a sudden I realized he had diarhea (sorry for the details). I started walking to the bathroom and the lady who owned the alley was like, "Oh there's no changing table in the bathroom, but you can change him on the pool table." I was like, "Trust me, you don't want this one on the pool table!" How many kids have pooed on that pool table?! Ewww!! Anyway, before we hit the bathroom he started throwing up. This was his first time ever, mind you. I started calling for Kenny. Immediately my sister-in-law came to help me clean up myself and Myles in the bathroom. She was AMAZING! I couldn't have done it without her. For the next day and night Myles continued to throw up. He threw up five flights of stairs all over me. It was so CRAZY, to say the least. Myles and I didn't leave the hotel room for 2 days. Thankfully though, Wyn and Kenny didn't get sick. I started to get sick, but thanks to prayer I got better quickly. The only fun thing about Myles being sick was that he wanted to snuggle so much. I just love when he snuggles me.

This is Myles with his Auntie Krista and Uncle Kent. Doesn't Myles sort of look like a grown man in his underwear and socks? I love this picture!!

The craziness of the trip continued on Thursday when I went with my mother and sister-in-law horse back riding. I was nervous to go. Horses kinda scare me. You just never know what they're thinking about you. The ride was fine and beautiful. As I was getting off my horse, Pearl, Krista's horse (behind me) got spooked a little and started running into me a little bit, and then I realized that my mother-in-law's horse got spooked first and had thrown her off. She had to go to the emergency room. She had broken some bones in her lower back. She was a tough cookie though. I would've been bawlin' like a baby.
Seriously, this was such a crazy trip! I hope our next reunion will be much healthier and safer. Stay tuned for more recent updates! :)


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Poor Myles and you! What a trip. I love that picture of Myles in his socks. Glad you didn't get thrown off your horse, and I would have been bawling too.