Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thanksgiving! We actually made a turkey!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! This year was lots of fun and stress! We actually made a real turkey!! No more chicken nuggets!! Thanks Kenny for letting me try!!!
The turkey came out great despite the top being a tiny bit burntbecause of Alton Brown's directions! Actually, I shouldn't blame Alton. It was probably our oven. Of course we completely forgot to take a picture of the turkey. Darn it!
That top picture is one that Myles took on Thanksgiving Day. He's way into taking pictures right now. It's part of our backyard.


Wyn and Myles, both, wanted to help make the rolls. Wyn didn't believe in using a measuring cup.

Then she just had to try the flour.


Myles used the measuring cup like a good little chef.



I was a little stressed by the end of the day. Partly because I was taking some of our dinner to a friend who just had a baby, and cooking for people is always nerve racking to me. Also, because I was just so tired of cooking! It was so fun, but definitely tiring! Anyway, I left to take my friend the food and I came back to the kitchen all cleaned up and the table set all cute. Kenny is so good to me!

And yes, Myles ate in his underwear and Wyn in her nakedness. We're super fancy like that! Kenny and I were fully clothed, we're just invisible in that picture though. :)

Wyn liking her dinner! She's an adventurous eater. I love it!!

Me and Wynni Boo. Not a great pic of me, but Wyn is so cute I had to add it in.



Thanksgiving was a success except that I felt sick all day long and then threw up at 10:30 pm that night. I think it was from something I had eaten the day before. After all that though I told Kenny I was so sick of Thanksgiving and I never wanted to cook another turkey. I shouldn't have said that cause that may have put me back to cooking chicken nuggets! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You crack me up! I just love you. And dont pretend that you and Kenny werent eating in your underwear too. :) So funny, because Ty and Gracie eat in their underwear on a regular basis. Why do I buy them cute clothes when they would rather be naked? And I am SO proud of you for cooking a turkey! It is an absoutely exhausting task cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Good thing it is only once a year, so we will do it again next year!